Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet the Gaylords

The plan is to meet at the beautiful Tumwater Historical Park on August 3, 2013.

The sheltered kitchen boast a seating capacity of 100 Gaylord descendants.

There is a "rest" facility a few yards away that can accomodate less than 100 Gaylord descendents at a time.

Just beyond the shelter is a wonderful, colorful play area for the smaller Gaylords.


The horseshoes that Stan and Warren Gaylord played with when they got together as adults are now in Roy Gaylord's possession.  He has promised to bring them to the reunion.  Across the parking lot is this . . .

You are welcome to play for fun or to challenge a fellow Gaylord to a game (prizes available).

The day I was there to take pictures, I found the Slater family reunion-ing.  I wish we had smell-a-photo so you could enjoy the lovely aroma that was coming from their barbeque grill.

This will all be available to us providing one thing . . .

That I can drag myself out of bed on January 2, 2013 and get in line at the Tumwater Parks and Recreation office ahead of anyone else who might want that same date for their event.

Wish me luck!
rita

No comments:

Post a Comment