Sunday, July 7, 2013

Last Minute Details

What was promised?


When I read the brochure that invited Gaylords to the family reunion I saw that the compiling of a booklet commemorating the event will be made and available at a later date.

Somehow, that promise slipped my memory as the months passed.  Let us know on August 3rd if you are interested in such a document -- I'll follow through if anyone wants me to.  However, I suspect we (the planning committee) were being overly ambitious when we suggested it.




Please Note:  Our plans to have an award winning photographer onsite had to be abandoned.

HOWEVER -- we hired a local professional photographer to document our event.

He will be at the park at 1:30 to take a group photo as well as individual family sittings.  He will post his work on a website for us to select the ones we want to purchase directly from him.

Personally, I'm looking forward to having photos of all three of our children, their spouses, and our grandchildren taken.  We've never all been in one place at one time before so it's a special occasion for the Shaefer twig of the family tree.

I hope that this will be a fun opportunity for you, too.


Exchanging of who is who

I've been looking through the collection of photos and data that my mother had and have found lots of empty spaces where dates of the birth of cousins should be.  I'm looking forward to filling in those spaces with the information you provide.

Two ways to share your information:

1)  Type up a page (or two or three) to share

2)  Wait until August 3rd and fill out a questionnaire on the spot

If you're like me, coming up with the exact dates and full names of people can be taxing for my brain.  I'd rather have it already at hand -- created in my leisure and where I can cheat and look up the information from a reliable source.

WHAT SHOULD I WRITE???

1)  Who are you?  Who are your parents and your siblings? Who are the significant others in your life?  Who are your offspring?  People are always interested in birth dates and places.

2)  Where have you been?  Have you traveled?  Have an interesting occupation?  Hobbies?  Awards? A cause that you are passionate about?  Has something unusual happened to you?

Write as much or as little as you want. 

Don't forget ---

I apologize for repeating myself here but if any of you have photos that were taken during the road trip Shirley, Warren and Stan took back to their home in Otter Tail County Minnesota I would love to see them. 

Any other photos of your family that you want to bring will be greatly welcomed.

See past post for more information -- click here.

Fun, food, games and auction

The caterer has been bringing over samples of the food and we can promise it will be good.


Pack those bags, load up the kids and we'll see you very soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment